Types of Concentrates Available
The term concentrate is a somewhat ambiguous label. It can refer to many different consumption methods with one thing in common — they’re concentrated forms of marijuana, derived from some sort of extraction process. The most common extraction involves using solvents to strip the cannabis plant, leaving behind concentrated oil with cannabinoids packed into every drop.
There are many different types of concentrates available, but some of the most popular include:
- Kief: Trichomes that have been separated from the marijuana plant
- Hash: Compressed cannabis resin
- Hash Oil: Often made using solvents, like butane, to create a wax with a crumbly texture or a solid, glass-like consistency called shatter
- CO2 Oil: Using pressure and carbon dioxide, cannabinoids and terpenes are extracted reducing the plant to its essential compounds
- CBD Oil: Oil derived from hemp which has no psychoactive side effects
- Tinctures: Liquid cannabis medicine that works by placing a few drops under the tongue
Benefits of Cannabis Concentrates
Smoking marijuana is not as harmful as smoking tobacco. However, there are risks associated with inhaling smoke of any kind. It can create throat and lung irritation, coughing and increased mucus. Concentrates allow you consume cannabis without smoking it. Plus, some medical conditions are worsened by smoke of any kind. Using concentrates allow for the quick effects, without the dangers of smoke.
Finding the Right Concentrates for You
There are different ways to consume medical marijuana concentrates, including:
- Placing drops under the tongue
- Vape pens
- Hash pipes
- Dab rigs
Because we don’t know the specifics of your condition, it’s important to seek a marijuana doctor or a local budtender for assistance. They can offer you advice on the types of concentrates available that they feel would aid your symptoms. Plus, they can help you find the best method of consumption.
Find Your Concentrates With MarijuanaDoctors.com
Besides connecting you with qualified marijuana doctors in your state, we want to help you find the best selection of concentrates on the market. Working with trusted affiliates, we showcase products that are both effective and safe. Browse our selection of incredible concentrates to find the perfect treatment for your symptoms.